Is this a dark cornish or aseel?

ChicknLover

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 27, 2007
Montello
100_0536.jpg

Above is the only chick in my ten that I got from MM's Meat n egg combo that I can't identify? Of all the pictures of breeds, it looks most like a dark cornish or Indian Game hen? Anyone out there know? She has a smaller bumpy comb. She isn't really wide like the cornish x's I am raising though? Thanks for any reply you can give, stumped on this one. Happy Chicken Farming!

Oh yeah, it has some irradecent green plumage and it is about 6 wks old in this pic.

Last edited:
I don't think that's a Cornish. According to MM combo you got the only Cornishes you'd get would be white. Just regular Cornish x rocks. I read the description of the MM Meat n egg combo and it does say you get 10 layers with it, either brown egg layers or the rainbow layers(which basically is any layer breed, according to MM). I'd say a Golden laced Wyandotte. I know she's not very laced, but my SGLW didn't get good lacing until they were much older. The comb matches, the feet match... GLW

Cool! Thanks, I am happy to find out that she might be. Seems right to me. I love this forum. Thank you.
big_smile.png

100_0400.jpg

Here is the what I think is the brown leghorn and the bird in question as chicks. I think this one is the one on the right?

Last edited:
I think it is a Cornish a also a Indian Game I hear tell ( they are the same thing one in the same that is) I think this since I was a a chicken show and I noticed how a fat?? big?? huge?? I don't know how to say it but their feet are very large and thick and this I think is what your chicken is now it might be mixed I don't know that much but...... that is what I think. go to

http://www.eboards4all.com/539153/index.html

and they can help you if no one esle can here no offense people here you people know much but in case you don't know maybe these people do.

Rhayden

Back
Top Bottom