Is this a deal? Hovabator

winstonsgrrrl

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 10, 2009
Ohio
I posted an add on craigslist looking for an incubator. A guy in the next town over is offering a new in box Hova bator for $30. It does not have a fan in it. Good deal or no?

Id say great deal and add my own fan

smile.png

I bet i'm not to far away from you sooooooo if you decide not to buy it send me his e-mail address
big_smile.png

Last edited:
If it's new, it's a good deal. I got lucky. My neighbor sold me a used one with a turner for $20. Then he had a garage sale and sold me another without a turner for $1!!!!!!

I live in Ohio and got a still air hovabator off craigs list for $25 used it, great hatch! well worth it and saved myself quite a bit, They are about 80.00 new! RUN for it

I have never seen one on craiglist probally should be looking more often. I'm up in Northcentral Ohio about 25 mins from Mansfield.

I bought it last night! I'm now working on the temp, but I need to stop be Walmart and get a thermo/hygrometer and a water weasel. The hova bator looks good, though. Was never even out of the box!

winstonsgrrrl,

With just a little effort, and some "scrounging", you can put a "computer fan" in the hovabator at the same location as the original and you can avoid the cost of a "replacement fan". There are many posts here on "Backyard Chickens" that detail how you would do that.

IF you choose to use this kind of fan and have any problems, feel free to send me a PM. I can explain it and perhaps provide pictures.

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom