• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tayae

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 10, 2014
Lancaster, PA
So... We have always called Tulipo a he, but kind of knew she was a she (I know, silly.) But now I think he may actually be a he... Which is kind of a problem, because he wont be able to live with his chicken friends any longer!

Is this a drake feather? Sorry it's not focused well, he never sits still
tongue.png

If a duck has a drake feather does it always mean they are male?

Last edited:
I am so unsure about his voice! Does this sound more on the raspy side? He imprinted on the chickens as a baby so I'm really worried about having to separate him
fl.gif

0.jpg

So... We have always called Tulipo a he, but kind of knew she was a she (I know, silly.) But now I think he may actually be a he... Which is kind of a problem, because he wont be able to live with his chicken friends any longer!

Is this a drake feather? Sorry it's not focused well, he never sits still
tongue.png

If a duck has a drake feather does it always mean they are male?

What breed of duck?

I have never been 100% sure! I rescued him from the floor of a local market. The best match I can find is a Swedish duck, could that be right?

That's definitely a drakes voice
smile.png
you've got yourself a drake!

Ahhh, I was worried that would be the answer... I feel horrible separating him from our hen Dahlia, she is his best friend. They never leave each others side. We have three crested ducks but they are much bigger and aggressive towards him so I can't keep them together. Not sure what to do with poor Tulipo now!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Ahhh, I was worried that would be the answer... I feel horrible separating him from our hen Dahlia, she is his best friend. They never leave each others side. We have three crested ducks but they are much bigger and aggressive towards him so I can't keep them together. Not sure what to do with poor Tulipo now! :barnie  

Usually they can work all the kinks out sooner or later when introducing new ducks to each other. Mine are used to constantly being introduced to new and younger ducks because I raise and breed anconas.
Do you have anymore picture of him? Side view and from the top to see what breed?

Usually they can work all the kinks out sooner or later when introducing new ducks to each other. Mine are used to constantly being introduced to new and younger ducks because I raise and breed anconas.
Do you have anymore picture of him? Side view and from the top to see what breed?

I sure hope so. I will have to try and integrate them. Perhaps he and Dahlia will still have the occasional supervised playdate. Here are some more photos! His size and flight ability definitely aligns with a Swedish, but he doesn't quite look like one.

Back
Top Bottom