Is this a D'uccle? Male? Female?

klt1975

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 24, 2012

Have fallen in love with this sweet little one but don't know what it is exactly. Bought a TS from the bantam bin. Around 6 weeks old now. Is it a D'uccle of some sort and any clues on sex?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure on breed, but I'd guess a hen. Are there feathers on the hocks (back of leg), too? It doesn't look like a d'uccle color, but she's very pretty.

Thank you so much, yall. I love this little one so much that she can be any darn thing as long she is a she :)

Yeah, she has very obvious vulture hocks.

This is the first time I'd gotten TS chicks. Wouldn't have this time if it weren't for my youngest spotting one little silkie in the bin...that girl and her silkies...she's obsessed lol!

Chicken math ( darn that chicken math ) caused us to come home with 7 instead of 6, but now I'm trying to figure out who we can keep. This one started out being the least cuddly so I made a point to take lots of extra time with her since ones we can't keep are going to a friend with two little daughters because they're outside city limits, but now she ended up being my little sweetheart of the group.

Just looked up photos of partridge and she's got none of the reddish-brown. Looks quite a bit like the barred or possibly birchen pics I'm seeing.

Back
Top Bottom