IS THIS A dwarf DUCK

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by shella, Jun 9, 2011.

1. shella

shella Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    BATH
    [​IMG] i had some BEIs hatch on the 23rd of may.
    they were all the same size born but after 3 days one was still the size of a newly hatched duckling
    it has been 3 weeks and the little one hasn't grown at all
    he/she is in with my new batch and they are a week old and its the same size as them
    he/she is healthy otherwise has a slight in turn in his/her right leg but tearing up a storm with the
    other chicks
    its abit late but will post picks in the morning

2. AliciaM

AliciaM Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Yelm Washington
    These are my Black east indie ducklings.. All 3 hatched within the same 24 hours. The smallest one also came from the smallest egg.. I dont know if it is considered a dwarf or not.. Its cute though.. The other 2 were noticably bigger at hatch, but not like they are now..

[​IMG]

3. Crayonsmom

Crayonsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    MA
    I was wondering the same thing about one of my ducks! She hatched with an underbite and is only about half the size of her brother and sister now. I'll post pics soon. [​IMG]

Duckie on the left...
    [​IMG]

Middle.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So... Maybe she's not a Dwarf. Dad thinks she'd be smaller if she were a dwarf duck. But regardless, she's small and awkward and cute! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  4. shella

Oct 27, 2010
    BATH
    here is my little duck they all came from the same batch of eggs i know that the two black ones are BEIs
    is she/he a dwarf duck?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. shella

Oct 27, 2010
    BATH
    oooopppss lets try that again
    frack can't do it
    lets see if this works
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ok thats the best i can do
    hope you can see the size difference

6. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    I had that same thing happen. I hatched a few scovies in the incubator and one was tiny compared to the rest. He stayed small Nd it looked like he wasn't growing at all. I bought a fee scovie ducklings that were 2 weeks younger, and they were bigger!
    Now he's about 7 weeks old, and it looks like he's catching up. Just a slow grower I guess, like some pig or cat litters have a runt [​IMG] he was my duck runt!

7. shella

Oct 27, 2010
    BATH
    UPDATE
    ming ming is still really small but thriving. i had to make a decision weather to let ming ming stay out side.
    so i decided to let ming ming go. it was hard after babying her for so long and giving her vitamins and potions
    but i had to think of her.
    so i let her outside. straight way she was picked on and it took all of me not to run and bring her back in
    after a couple of days she adapted. and is holding her own shes a feisty Little thing she runs the chickens and ducks now.
    NO ONE MESSES WITH MING MING lol.
    her feathers finally grew out and she is a beautifully looking B.E.I. she runs from me now so i will try to get some good pictures

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by