Is this a fair price?

NYRIR

Crowing
9 Years
May 13, 2010
Petersburg,NY
I want to sell some of my 6 week old poults.They are hatchery Bourbon Reds.I bought them for like 7.00 a piece. Do you think 15.00 a piece is fair? They are very healthy so far
Thanks

NYRIR

Crowing
9 Years
May 13, 2010
Petersburg,NY
Quote:Yeah...around here I have never seen poults at a feed store...You have to order from a hatchery or find a local breeder. I couldn't find a local breeder so I ordered online and had to get the minimum of 15. I ended up ordering 18 to get 8 Narr,4 BS, and 6 BR but they sent an extra BR so hence I have 19 right now. I am going to be focusing on the Narrs, so I want to sell the BR's for now and maybe the BS later.
We have put a lot of time,money and energy into getting these turkeys started, so obviously I wouldn't be making anything off them but wanted to be sure I wasn't charging too much.
It doesn't seem fair in a way though, as we have done SO much for them.Gives me a newfound respect for farmers and their prices...they don't get what they deserve!
I figure if they don't sell within a couple of weeks I'll bump it to 20.00. Think that's reasonable?

NYRIR

Crowing
9 Years
May 13, 2010
Petersburg,NY
Ok, Thanks guys....I just want to be sure no one can complain. I did say I was firm in my posting so I don't have people trying to "talk me down"....I know they are worth that much!

Top Bottom