Is this a gold sex link chick?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by justafew4me, Mar 22, 2013.

1. justafew4me

justafew4me Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    [​IMG]I

I bought this baby as a gold-sex link pullet.. She was a yellow chick, now she has dirty-looking white wings with cinnamon coloring (so far) on her shoulders.. I also bought an ameraucana pullet at the same time.. They seemed equally "busy" when I bought them, but the ameraucana picked at this one's face for the first day.. I separated them for a couple of days (in the same box) then put them back together.... I saw no more bullying, but i began to notice that the ameraucana was feathering out much quicker and was more active.. This little one always seemed to be laying down. And will get trampled by the easter egger. It wasn't until i picked it up to check it's vent that i realized that it was lighter and seemed thinner than the easter egger.. I again separated them, and it eats and drinks ok, but still lays around alot. They hatched 2-27. I've been putting them outside (in a cage) near my big girls to start to merge them when they are big enough.. The outings seem to be perking this baby up... but I'm still concerned.. This post was originally intended to ask if this did indeed look like a gold sex link baby, but I guess I also want to know if anyone has any ideas as to what else I can do for this baby. Thanks for any info or help you can give

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    looks like a gold sexlink, try sulmet of cocci, as they dont always show the bloody or red hint in their droppings

3. Brandi Leigh

Brandi Leigh Chillin' With My Peeps

looks like a gold sex link!

4. justafew4me

justafew4me Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    I did buy some medicated chick starter the other day when i separated them.. It is perking up, but still not as active as i would expect.. Vent was clean today, It's poops have bell well-formed, but I noticed a small area of poop on it's bottom yesterday, which i washed off... There has been none prior to that.. Thanks for the help and the breed verification! i was beginning to wonder if I'd gotten a red shouldered serama or some such..THANKS!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by