Is this a good chick house or chicken hospital? PICS!!!

Cool! I still like my 2 choices. If I do decide to get the wooden one on the ground, could animals really reach through those little holes? And I did think about the corner thing (where they pile up, like you said) and I was wondering if I could cut this in half and fasten it onto 2 corners, or if I should fasten it on to all the corners. Thanks for all of this info and your grow-out coop is really cute!!!
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/rubbermaid-283l-clear-clever-store-tote/953255

Really, just find something you can cut into a triangle to cover part of one side where the solid roof meets the ground, then secure it there. Drill holes in whatever and secure with maybe three loops of baling wire per hole. This will give them two solid sections together AND provide more of a wind break.

'Coons can't reach their paws through the small holes in the hardware cloth the company indicates is used in the coop you/we like, but they CAN fit a claw or two through it and still inflict damage to huddled birds; hence the silos walls in a corner.

I no longer live where I first built that playhouse coop, but I disassembled it to move it to my new property. I haven't put it back up on blocks; it's just sitting on the ground. My ducks have taken it over as a great place for some of them to lay their eggs. :)

Okay, we STILL haven't found one yet! I was actually looking at the Eglu Go. It looks perfect, but has anyone ever had any experience with it? I'm usually going to use this for 5 or so 4-5 week old chicks.

Back
Top Bottom