Is this a good deal on an incubator?

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
I was offered an incubator today, it is a R-Com Digital Incubator, R-Com 20 standard version. It has a tray for chicken/duck/goose eggs, a tray for quail eggs and the standard adjustable tray. It's been used one time and is in great shape. The guy is offering it to me for $300 and will take payments. He said I can try it out in the class on a hatch and then decide. If it's a good deal though I'm going to try and start raising funds to buy it.
Kate

If it works good then yes. But i would try to see if i could get it a little cheaper, at lest try, most people will go a little lower in price. But no mater what that is a good price.

Thank you, I think it is too now. I just looked at one on Ebay and the buy it now price is 459 + shipping and it doesn't have all the extra size egg trays. Have you used one of these?
Kate

I have one and they are great, but I paid $380 for mine new, so you might try negotiating a bit. Brinsea have had them as cheap as $280 for ones with cosmetic issues, but they come with the same 2 yr warranty as the perfect ones. I think the warranty alone makes it worth buying a new one.

My rule is 50% of best retail price for anything used. $300 is ok if it's in mint
condition. You can buy it direct from Brinsea for just over $400.

Quote:
Cara I was just looking at Brinsea and the model like the one I'm thinking of buying is $459 on their site, and the egg trays are $25 ea. Where on the site did you find them for less?
Kate

They had a special running on all the R-COM models when I bought mine in September; I think it was a back-to-school sale. The 20 had $100 off, and the 3 had $50-75 off. You might check out whether they have any educational discounts, I have a feeling they do on some models and packages.

There is a little red circle to click on from their homepage with special offers. They seem to vary all the time. The R-COM20 is $409 at the moment on there. I haven't found the extra trays to be necessary, the universal one has worked just fine for me.

Thanks I did finally find some educational specials but not on this one. And I did see the 409, I emailed them about any others or discounts they might have.

I think that is a good deal. Those trays alone are $25.

My husband and I paid close to $450 for the machine and all the trays! (and shipping)

Back
Top Bottom