Is this a good deal? SERAMA PAIR

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by poultryhaven, Sep 7, 2009.

1. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    HERES THE AD:

I have what is called Serama chickens, they grow no bigger than a basketball. The rooster has the quietest crow and most of my nieghbors do not hear them. The chicks are the size of a quater and the roosters help raise the babies. These Seramas have silkie in thier bloodlines (feathers that look like hair) and are blues! We have taken them and held them while watching TV. These are the new suburban chicken.

This picture is older but the pair is only $20!!!! You can't beat that!

[​IMG]

2. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    wait are you selling them? they are yours right? Where is this ad running?

i would list them as a breeding pair of silkie serama's $20

They are the smallest chicken breed available. The roosters are quiet and wonderful fathers. These sermas have silkie's in their bloodline giving them wonderful feathering and colors. They require 2sqft per coop and are a great start to your backyard flock.

And i still would love to test for ya! Are you going to any swaps? I know i probally asked you this but i forgot your answer, lOL

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  3. poultryhaven

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    No i found it on craigslist. I was thinking about getting them.

4. ladrifter

ladrifter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Liberty, Ky
    for $20.00 buy them good price

5. poultryhaven

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    the only problem is i need 10 more dollars lol. I wish i had a job.

6. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    If you were closer i'd give you 10 bucks! Just promise me a dozen eggs.....LOL

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    If they get bigger than a basketball, they got WAY more issues than being called a Serama!

8. poultryhaven

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    lol i want them soooooo bad. I wish i had another cage. I could put them in a big dog crate but i need to convince my parents

9. poultryhaven

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Quote:I saw that and laughed lol. I think they dont know too much about them or something

10. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    If that hen is full grown, she doesnt have much type in the picture,but I LOVE her color! I'd breed her to a typey roo and see what they produced.

I think that they may have meant the height of the ball? Which I think is about 12 inches tall? Thats not as bad, lol.

20 bucks is a good price I think, for pets, if you were not interested in breeding quality birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by