Is this a good incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Choco Maran, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Choco Maran

Choco Maran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    I'm looking at a Best Choice Products 96 Digital Clear Egg Incubator Hatcher Automatic Egg Turning Temperature Control on Amazon. Has anyone used it or had any information on it? It is listed at $129 dollars. It looks like it might be okay. Just wondering how a double tray work with temperature? I would like to order one as soon as possible

2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I thought about that but the design made me nervous - temp differences from top to bottom and the trays being stacking seemed like a pain. I ended up getting the 56 one with a clear top.

Either way, I would recommend a separate hatcher, unless you plan on setting and hatching that many eggs all at once.

3. Choco Maran

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    No not really looking to hatch that many. I have an incubator now and it is okay I just wanted another one. So I could have two hatch going at one time if I wanted to. I was thinking of using the top to incubate and the bottom for hatching. But just kind of looking

4. SunHwaKwon

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD

That won't really work because you won't be able to have separate humidities in each half of the incubator. The hatcher needs higher humidity than the incubator.

5. Choco Maran

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    I have decided against that one and I'm looking at a Hovabator now same price better quality.

6. SunHwaKwon

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Which incubator do you currently have?

7. Choco Maran

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    I have a farm Innovator model 4200 with turner.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by