Is this a good incubator?

StateLine DG

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
NW Ohio
http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_28385_-1______?rFlag=true&cFlag=1

I
can get it for $35(my Mom works at TSC). Also, is it better to have an egg turner or can I hand turn the eggs?

I am trying to see if it will be worth hatching out eggs and selling them or if I'm better off just to wait on getting chickens. I know I'm not going to get "rich"...I've been around animals long enough to know that!
tongue.png
Oh and do you think I could easily sell mixed breed pullets for egg layers? My grandma has mostly Buff Orpringtons(including the rooster) and a few others...

i personally own 3 of these incubators and have had great hatch rates and i turn my eggs by hand another thing some people would rather have the "Muts" or mixed breed egg layers me being one of them so if you decide to do this and are willing to ship the chicks i would be first in line!

Why are you waiting. For $35 you cant go wrong and it starts you off in incubation. Always get a better automatic one if your happy after a few hatches.

if you decide to do this and are willing to ship the chicks i would be first in line!

Really? I haven't got a definite yes out of my dad yet on the whole hatching eggs and then selling them(I'm not allowed to keep them) thing. If I had people that wanted them...I just might be able to do this!
big_smile.png
I'm also glad to hear that these bators work good.

Why are you waiting.

Because I've got to have a plan worked out with my dad...prove that the the chicks will sell, so I won't have to keep them myself.
wink.png

My grandma has mostly Buff Orpringtons(including the rooster) and a few others...

I told you wrong...she has mostly Buff Comets. She used to have BO's.
smile.png
And I know one of the hens is a Barred Rock.​

Back
Top Bottom