Is this a good price for Cornish Rocks?

Wolf-Kim

Songster
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
The farmer I buy my grains from gets all the leftover broiler chicks from the 4H groups. So each year they get a free shipment of Cornish X chicks. These they raise up and sell. The farmer usually asks $5 for these guys. The chickens are now the size of my standard dual purpose, but I don't know what age they are. They are alive, so I assume they aren't very old.

What do you think?

-Kim

Yes. The Cornish X don't stand upright like my dual purpose, but they would probably weigh about the same amount. I'm not certain, I was just eye-balling it.

-Kim

My cornish are five weeks old and are about five lbs live weight right now. I bet you would only have a couple of weeks to feed them at most. I would weigh one and see how they do. If they are live of six lbs or more, you can do them anytime! It seems like that is a good price....if you were planning on doing them quickly. I know it has probably cost me that much to get mine where they are now. 100 lbs of broiler chow eaten by 11 birds in five weeks.........16.99 a 50 lb bag.....

jane

Back
Top Bottom