Is this a good Treadle feeder?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chickmanna, May 8, 2011.

1. chickmanna

chickmanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Battle Ground, WA
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  2. chickmanna

chickmanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Battle Ground, WA
    Anyone used this feeder?

3. harrisville chicken

harrisville chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Northern Utah
    Looks good to me. Best price I've seen yet, but I have not tried it or any other. I'm considering one to keep sparrows out of the hen's food.

4. silkies4me

silkies4me Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    Edgerly Louisiana
    Hi chickmanna, did you buy the treadle feeder off eBay? If you did how did it work out? I was thinking about buying it. Thanks

5. Little Fluffy

Little Fluffy New Egg

Jul 17, 2012
    U.K.
    Hi folks.
    As an alternative to the treadle feeder, has anyone tried the trigger conversion sold by triggerhappychickens.com
    We have been using this in all our pens for several years now and find them excellent. I think they tick all the boxes of a treadle feeder at a fraction of the price. Mechanically they are untra simple and reliable. Can be fitted to a small container for inside use or a lidded barrel for outside feeding of larger flock.
    There is a video of one in use on their website.
    Thanks for now,
    Little Fluffy.

6. sonomachx

sonomachx Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    I've had the feeder for a couple months now. So far I am really happy with it. The girls took to it immediately, and so far we have zero problems with pests getting to the feed. I purchased mine here: http://www.coopsnmore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=143

7. rmrm

rmrm New Egg

Aug 9, 2012
    Where can I get something similar but much smaller (I only have two chickens).

8. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    I don't think I've ever seen a smaller one for sale. I have seen plans for making a small one online. You can also pm or email byc member Al Gerhart. He makes treadle feeders for sale and maybe he could make something that works for you. Here is a thread on his feeders. Also, [​IMG]

9. rmrm

rmrm New Egg

Aug 9, 2012
    Thanks! I'll check out his thread and try to get in touch with him.

10. glhglh

glhglh New Egg

Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by