Is this a hen or a rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickenaddict, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Her name is precious and she is an ameraucana mixed with a white cochin bantam so she has the feathered feet... at least im hoping its a she. She hasn't crowed like a rooster and is about 3 months old and very unique in color. She tends to go off on her own while free ranging in the yard but never really strays very far away from the rest of the babies.[​IMG] Can anyone tell if this is a roo or a hen?[​IMG] Thanks so much [​IMG]

2. NU CHICKS

NU CHICKS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Wyoming
    Looks like a roo to me,

3. Jacky'sMamma

Jacky'sMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Antelope, CA
    Just from what I have read, they don't start crowing until about 6 months... but again, that's what I have read.

4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I have another rooster who is ameraucana and golden laced wyandotte who is the same age and is already crowing at 3 months along with another cochin bantam roo the same age. The wyandotte mix has a thicker beard then precious which is why im thinking shes a hen but i could be wrong. She likes to roost up high at night by herself. If its a rooster its a pretty sweet one for how long im not sure. Darn i was hoping to get some big greenish blue eggs, guess ill settle for a good protector.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by