Is this a khaki campbell if not then what is it?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chickencoop97, Aug 11, 2014.

1. chickencoop97

chickencoop97 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2014
    Hello guys I've originally posted this on a thread for the new member's introduction. Anyways, here goes:

Hello guys! I'm Paolo and I've been reading posts here on backyard chickens for 4 months now. At last, i've finally decided to create an account here. Hooray!

I'm not that new to taking care of chickens but probably a newbie when it comes to ducks and other waterfowl. I just bought this "khaki campbell" ducks last two weeks and I'm starting to doubt if they are truly campbells. What do you think? Thanks for any feedback guys I'd really appreciate it. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickencoop97

Aug 11, 2014
    Oh and yeah, here's another picture of them. :)[​IMG]

3. soggybottommini

soggybottommini Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2013
    Baytown Texas
    They are not khaki Campbell's they look like a cross to me. Khaki Campbell have no white in them. These look like there crossed maybe blue Swedish and fawn and white runner ducks but cant be certain.

4. chickencoop97

Aug 11, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. Now I'm sure that they're not KCs at all. Any guess on which one is male and which is female? :)

5. soggybottommini

Jan 4, 2013
    Baytown Texas
    I cant really tell from th pictures for sure but looks like maybe the one on the right is male and the tan and white is female. The female will be really loud, she will quack really loud, the male will make a raspy noise. I hope this makes sense, sorry its kinda hard to explain lol. Hope I was of some help.

6. chickencoop97

Aug 11, 2014

Thanks mate you were really a good help. I'll go outside and check on them and see if one quacks loud and if the other has a raspy noise. Thanks again for the help I really appreciated it. :)

7. soggybottommini

Jan 4, 2013
    Baytown Texas
    If there not making any noise pick them up, they will start making some noise then. That works for me anyway.

8. soggybottommini

Jan 4, 2013
    Baytown Texas
    Where arw u from? Im from Texas...

9. soggybottommini

Jan 4, 2013
    Baytown Texas
    Glad I could help hope you do well with them.

10. chickencoop97

Aug 11, 2014
    I'm from the Philippines. :) i just picked them up and sad to say, both of them had that raspy voice which means to say that they're both males. Too bad I was hoping on breeding them. Probably that's why the one who sold this to me did so for a very low price - about four US dollars for this "pair".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by