1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Is this a Khaki Campbell?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PinkFlamingoFrm, Jul 22, 2013.

1. PinkFlamingoFrm

PinkFlamingoFrm Chirping

May 10, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I bought 3 Khaki Campbells off of a local farm. I wasnt able to go with to pick them up and this is what my fiance brought home. When I spoke with the woman, she insisted that they were purebred & purchased from Mcmurray hatchery but I have never seen a khaki campbell this light? My khaki campbell is a darker solid brown. Does anyone know if these may be Khaki Campbells and if not, do you know what they are? Thanks

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  2. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchi Wan Kenobi Premium Member 6 Years

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    There's no way those are purebred khakis - either the hatchery made a mistake or that woman is flat out lying to you. My guess is that they're mixes.

3. PinkFlamingoFrm

PinkFlamingoFrm Chirping

May 10, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    yeah, they didnt look right to me. When I got them, they had even more of the really light feathers. Only a few streaks of the dark brown. It seems that they are getting more dark feathers, but they just dont look right.

4. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchi Wan Kenobi Premium Member 6 Years

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    They might be khaki crosses but sheesh, either that woman has no idea what a khaki really is or she lied...either way, they are pretty birds :)

5. Carcajou

Carcajou Songster

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    X2

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member 8 Years

I really like their coloring. very pretty.

7. PinkFlamingoFrm

PinkFlamingoFrm Chirping

May 10, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    thank you guys! I did some research and her farm also advertised golden 300's. I couldnt find enough pictures of the golden 300's to tell if it was them or not. But it must have been metzger farms she ordered from & not mcmurray. I have some of their eggs in the incubator, Im very curious to see what hatches.

8. PinkFlamingoFrm

PinkFlamingoFrm Chirping

May 10, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    The ducks have been molting lately & I went to feed them today & one has turned almost completely brown like a Khaki campbell, the only light that is left is a small spot on its back.. the others have more brown just not as much as the one.. maybe they all are turning into khaki campbells lol.

9. PinkFlamingoFrm

PinkFlamingoFrm Chirping

May 10, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The ducks have finished their molt (I think) but this is what they look like now...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: