Is this a male or female? and is it an americauna?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by honeysolo, Nov 3, 2013.

1. honeysolo

honeysolo Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2013
    Los Angeles Ca.
    [​IMG]

2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

*Edited*

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  3. RanchGirl13

RanchGirl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

I am 100% positive that that is a americuana and It looks like a rooster to me I have 3 hens and a rooster of those

4. honeysolo

honeysolo Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2013
    Los Angeles Ca.
    No wonder he hangs out by himself. I thought it was just shy...

5. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    what color are the legs? if they're blue he could be a splash wheaten ameraucana, if they're even remotely green he's an easter egger

6. Veer67

Your Easter Egger looks like a rooster from the comb and tail [​IMG]. His color does look similar to a Splash Wheaten Ameraucana but I would say Easter Egger.
    There are 8 different color for Ameraucanas, they are: White, Silver, Wheaten, Blue Wheaten, Brown Red, Black, Blue, and Buff. An Easter Egger is usually an Ameraucana mix or a new project Ameraucana color that isn't accepted yet, Easter Eggers can lay blue, olive, white, and brown eggs depending on the cross. Here's a useful link for understanding Ameraucanas, Easter Egger, and Aracucanas. [​IMG] http://www.ameraucana.org/standard.html

7. Frost Homestead

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    there are also splash wheaten ameraucanas, even though they are not an accepted color. They are the result of breeding blue wheaten to blue wheaten, you get approx. 25% splash wheaten.

8. Frost Homestead

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    chances are though, this guy is an easter egger. if he was a real ameraucana he would have come from a breeder and you'd know his color

9. Veer67

The colors I wrote are the currently accepted colors for Ameraucanas. The reason I say EE is because his color looks far from the Splash Ameraucanas I have seen.

10. RanchGirl13

RanchGirl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Alright if he layed eggs it would be a girl any ways my 4 americaunas are in a wide range of color my rooster is a red color my hens are to tan mixes and an autumn colored hen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by