Is this a Marans? Another gender and breed question? Please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by This_chicks_place, May 16, 2011.

1. i don't think so.....
    its definitly a pullet though!

could just be a black copper marans that hasn't grown the red hackles yet. where'd you get her from?

2. This_chicks_place

This_chicks_place Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I got it from a breeder here in NY. I have another black chicken with the white wing feather and copper feathers around her neck that was supposed to have hatched at the same time. Three black chickies that all look different as they grow...at this point I just hope they all lay eggs! [​IMG]

3. kera!

kera! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Navajo County
    i think she looks australorp with the outer wings having white or even a BJG but a girl for sure.

4. This_chicks_place

This_chicks_place Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Upstate NY
    How can I tell if it's an Australorp or a Jersey Giant? Do they have the white wing feather? Any more guesses on sex??

5. PetRock

PetRock Overrun With Chickens

Apr 28, 2010
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I have an Olive Egger (FCM roo over FCM/Black Ameraucana hen) pullet who is a little younger but looks like yours. She has no red in her hackle feathers yet and has some white on her wings. She has a pea comb from her mother. Her sister has the start of some red in the hackle feathers, only a tiny bit of white on her wings, and a straight comb.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by