Is this a normal guinea pip?

SunHwaKwon

Crowing
6 Years
Jul 19, 2015
North Central Florida
I just went to check my turkey and guinea eggs, as the turkeys started rocking yesterday and noticed this:

So far I have only hatched bantam chicks and they make very small holes whereas this is quite a large crack! If I didn't know better I would think I'd dropped it. I checked the eggs only a couple hours ago ad it wasn't there, though. I'm just being anxious :(

PS my bantams hatched yesterday (early) so that is why the incubator is dirty! Everything was supposed to be due this Saturday and I am shocked because I have been having trouble keeping temps up so I was expecting a late hatch.

Looks OK to me, all pips are different. Some are the tiniest little cracks and others are BIG ones just like you have there.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Sit on those hands and let nature its course.
Good luck with your eggs :fl

Well it was definitely a pip but poor little piggle didn't make it out. He got his beak out but then gave up, perhaps too weak being early. :( He completely filled the shell so I think maybe he got too big, and I took him out this morning and the yolk was still pretty big, so maybe it was a combination of things. I wish he'd waited it out a couple days. Fingers crossed for the other six and the three turkeys.

Back
Top Bottom