Is this a ok pip?

Sunshinechickies

Songster
Jan 17, 2023
Hello! :frow Today is day 21 with my very first batch of silkie eggs! Every egg but one has externally pipped, but i’m not worried since it hasn’t even been 24 hours since they first internally pipped. One egg has a strange pip, and I think she hasn’t pierced through the membrane yet, since there’s white. I also believe that she might be zipping, since the hole has been getting bigger but it doesn’t seem to be going the right way. I know they usually figure it all out on their own but I can’t help but be a worry wart!
image.jpg

sorry about the blur, I didn’t wanna risk it and open the incubator so I just took a photo outside of it. Does the pip look alright ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 20
just realized I accidentally attached two images… woops! also… they have been chirping a lot but not much rocking.

It's unusual for pure silkies to have tan eggs, purebred birds should have white/cream eggs. That's why I asked.
Huh… it is a little bit more light when you see it in person, we bought my hen who laid it at a poultry expo, so maybe she has something else in her too.

Back
Top Bottom