Is this a pullet or a roo rir bantams?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dusterbd, Jul 18, 2010.

1. dusterbd

dusterbd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    I am sorry for the quality of these pictures but I got what I could and hope someone can help me determine if these are roosters or hens.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I hope maybe I have a hen and a roo but I couldn't really get a great pic and once I got over in the pen and got ahold of one of them I raised up to take it toward the coop and apparently we didn't turn all the nails under like we thought and I jammed the nail right in my back close to my spine. Needless to say I was in to much pain to get anymore pictures. Sorry guys. Maybe I will have some of your thoughts on what these are. Thank you so much.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

They both look like roos to me.
    [​IMG]

3. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    They do not show clear sign of being roos.I think - girls

4. dusterbd

Jun 9, 2010
    The smaller one has a tail feather that comes out and curls down I was trying to get a pic of that but after I hurt myself I didn't hang around to catch it. The bigger ones tail feathers does like a pullet but I am new to loving the bantam breeds and I have no clue on the smaller chickens.

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    I agree with Ve, I believe you have 2 pullets.

Chris

6. dusterbd

Jun 9, 2010
    I will try and get some better pictures of them here in a little bit. Thank you all!!!

7. ihvpower

ihvpower Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2009
    Uxbridge MA
    I think they are too young to tell for sure. My RI Red Roos looked like girls for 4 1/2 - 5 months.

8. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

I thought my RIR Rooster was a hen for the LONGEST time so... I don't know for sure but it looks like you have a hen and a roo to me [​IMG]

9. ihvpower

ihvpower Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2009
    Uxbridge MA
    Well, whatever they are, they are both the same sex...they are identical.

10. dusterbd

Jun 9, 2010
    Here are the other pics I just took I caught the other one for a close up pic the only difference in them are their tail feathers. The one that I think might be a hen wouldn't come close enough to grab again and after the incident yesterday with the nail I am not attempting to go back in the pen until my hubby solves the problem.

[​IMG]
    This is the one that has the long tail feather or two
    [​IMG]
    This is the one I think is the hen
    [​IMG]
    This is also the one I think is the hen it would be the one standing up

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by