Is this a pullet or cockerel silkie?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by vpeterson, Aug 7, 2010.

1. vpeterson

vpeterson Chillin' With My Peeps

I thought it was a cockerel but someone else said that they thought it was a pullet?
    Here is a video.

His personality says boy to me. Thanks for looking.

2. NapoleanGoose

NapoleanGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Bishop CA
    I think a boy. But I have had very little experience with silkies. If yours is a girl then so is mine that I thought was a cockerel. :)

3. bigchicken2

bigchicken2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Cockerel! He's a cutie too!

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Looks pulletish to me. Does it have any streamers comming out? How old? Its either a pullet or a girly looking cockerel.

5. vpeterson

It is around 5 months old. It seems smaller than the other males of the same age.

6. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    I'm not sure I have my first silkies at 7 weeks old. My luck all 3 are boys. Mainly I wanted to tell you that you have an awesome avatar. How did you do that? I've noticed it before and wanted to comment on it

7. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    looks like a pullet to me [​IMG]

8. BekahBear

BekahBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2010
    Arizona
    hmmm..thats a tough one. to me it looks like either a manly pullet or a feminine roo. i hope the others can be more help to you..i've never been good at telling with silkies.

9. vpeterson

Quote:Hi! yes my avatar. I used a program called jasc animation shop 3. I think it is free on internet by now. But what you do is, you import your desired picture for an avatar, but you import the same picture 5 or so times, now it will look like you have a film reel with 5 identical frames. Now you highlight all 5 frames and apply any sort of effect you want to turn any plain image into an animated .gif image like this one! Hope thats not too complicated [​IMG]

10. peepswiththepoof

peepswiththepoof Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Rougemont, NC
    Pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by