Is this a pumpkin or watermelon??????

Dylan Lambert

In the Brooder
May 5, 2020
This has been growing in my compost pile for a little while now. Just wondering if it is from pumpkins or watermelons i threw in the pile?
20200508_124932.jpg
20200508_124935.jpg

I don't think that's a watermelon. Looks to be a squash of some sort (which includes pumpkins)
Thanks! Only reason im guessing pumpkin or watermelon is because those or the only things i have thrown on the pile, and that was during last fall. I cant believe they waited until spring and started growing.

Yeah, that’s defiantly a type of squash, I have experimented heavily on crossing squashes with each other and gowing them and that looks to be a cucurbita pepo. I’m not sure what type of pumpkin got thrown on the pile but if it was any of the jackolantern types I think it would be fair to say that that looks like some sort of hybrid.

Yeah, that’s defiantly a type of squash, I have experimented heavily on crossing squashes with each other and gowing them and that looks to be a cucurbita pepo. I’m not sure what type of pumpkin got thrown on the pile but if it was any of the jackolantern types I think it would be fair to say that that looks like some sort of hybrid.
So do you think it will be edible?

You can pick it as a summer squash to see and make the others...( if they come, sometimes the cross pollinated varieties don’t produce much or at all), into baked winter squash or pie.

Back
Top Bottom