Is this a pure EE cockerel?

EE's are mixed breeds.. :)
But if you have one ee parent and one other purebred parent you can differentiate. I think that is the case here, you can see the ee influence, but that comb and yellow legs look like the other parent had a straight comb and yellow legs.

Could be Salmon Faverolles cross too
hide.gif

But if you have one ee parent and one other purebred parent you can differentiate. I think that is the case here, you can see the ee influence, but that comb and yellow legs look like the other parent had a straight comb and yellow legs.

yes but i have seen "pure" EEs with single combs and yellow legs from the origional americana crossed with _________ that had yellow legs and a single comb. the chics still llayed blue eggs so therefore they were EEs

I thought of that at first but wouldn't he have five toes and/or some feathers on the legs?

I so want faverolles, when I'm "that old chicken lady".
caf.gif

Good to know I'm not the only one already planning my future as TCrazyOCL. Time to start collecting chicken-size diapers?

Yes, faverolles are on the Chicken Lady List.

Anyhow..... sorry for the AM OT rambling........

caf.gif

Good to know I'm not the only one already planning my future as TCrazyOCL. Time to start collecting chicken-size diapers?

Yes, faverolles are on the Chicken Lady List.

Anyhow..... sorry for the AM OT rambling........
No, no diapers here. But I do plan to have at least one huge bachelor pad. I love roosters, the flashy colors, the strutting, the crowing.
Faverolles, large cochins, and some funky mixed breed birds are on my list.

Back
Top Bottom