Is this a "real" Ameracauna???? Or an EE???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by nickagillie, Feb 25, 2013.

1. nickagillie

nickagillie Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2013
    Came from a small young local breeder....Known Ameracauna genes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NJchixs

NJchixs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ
    I'm going to say an EE. Do you know how old? The comb doesn't look right and the leg color seems off. I'm also on my iPad and pictures don't enlarge too clear so maybe someone who breeds will chime in.

3. nickagillie

Feb 25, 2013
    around 3 months

4. nickagillie

Feb 25, 2013
    maybe 4 months but def still a pullet no eggs yet

5. chickenlover89

chickenlover89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2012
    I say Ameraucana. Although the leg color isn't as dark as usual, it could darken (the colors that darken as they get older are unknown to me, but my BW AMs legs darkened as she got older) and the legs aren't green. Also, the comb is just probably small since she is so young. And if the breeder has known true AMs, it is probably a true AM.

6. nickagillie

Feb 25, 2013
    and the leg picture of course like most color sensitive pictures may have the flash affecting it. If you see her in a couple other pics they're a bit darker and of course in real life they are a bit darker to lol. You know how that goes [​IMG]

7. NJchixs

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ
    She appears to have a small straight comb, not the peas like I've seen on my girls around that age. Yes, camera flashes are good at washing out color. Are her eyes true to the photo or are they reddish (should be). Definitely a girl and I'm sure a pretty egg when she starts laying.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  8. nickagillie

Feb 25, 2013
    they are more of a greenish brown...maybe mud or brown colored but not quite red

9. nickagillie

Feb 25, 2013
    Her comb does seem kinda narrow and more like a single row than the other peacombs in the room....i cant wait to see the eggs....maybe a blue green [​IMG]

10. NJchixs

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ
    She could be a little younger than you think, so maybe her comb is not as developed. Good luck with her, the black are stunning when grown.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by