Is this a roo jersey giant?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Pleasantonchicks, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Pleasantonchicks

Pleasantonchicks Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    East Bay, CA
    We are very new to chickens, when we purchased these four chicks we were told they were all female. They are all now about 9 weeks old. Considering the fact I know very little about chickens my husband has a suspicion our jersey may be a roo. We cannot have a rooster where we live and our son picked this chicken out and we all love it! The jersey is such a joy, very sweet and is a big goof ball. Could I get some expert opinions here. I appreciate any help you give.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

[​IMG] It does look like a roo, I can see the wattled coming in and it looks like the saddle feathers aren't in as much as the other chicks, are the pointed at the ends?(the feathers on the back at the base of the tail)

3. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    looks pretty roo-ish to me [​IMG]

4. Pleasantonchicks

Pleasantonchicks Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2011
    East Bay, CA
    Quote:The feathers on the tail are not pointed. The tail is more prominent on the jersey but they seem to have a high tail compared to the other breeds we have. I just hope we don't have to find a home for this chicken, we cannot keep a rooster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by