Is this a rooster or a hen?

MTRBLE

Chirping
5 Years
May 24, 2017
I'm trying to identify the gender and the breed of this chicken. Also can someone tell me how they know which gender it is? I could not get a straight on pic of it to see it's head better and it's trail feathers are all over the place. I've also only had my chickens for ash but 6 months and don't know much about them to figure this out. I need to add that these are not my chickens, a friend of mine just got them dropped in her lap yesterday and
20171111_144358.jpg
20171111_144632.jpg
20171111_144521.jpg
20171110_163147.jpg
the area they are in is an old area that she used to have chickens years ago and we were out there to get it cleaned up for these guys.
This fuzzy one seems to be getting picked on by both the roosters and the hens and I'm debating on taking it but my two roosters are roosters and I don't want to bring a hen into the mix. The last pic is of my two - Salt and Pepper :)
20171111_144358.jpg

Idk why the pics are In the middle of the post and out of order, sorry about that. My chickens are the ones in the house.

You're questioning the Silkies? Or the Frizzle Mix?
Need pic of the Silkies combs & age however the white looking to be a Cockerel & black/brown a Pullet but can't make out the combs/wattle. The Frizzle Mix age? Looks to be a Cockerel in the first pic but need better pic of comb as looks to be a pullet in the others :pop Being a mix, harder to read. The EE in the 3rd pic is a Pullet.

Back
Top Bottom