Is this a rooster or hen

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by thebirdfarm, Nov 30, 2009.

1. thebirdfarm

thebirdfarm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2009
    I am wondering about the mille fluer bantam on the right, but it you want to try telling me both that would be great too. These are young birds about to the age that they should be laying. The one on the left is a light brahma bantam. Thanks

[​IMG]

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    The light Brahma is a pullet and I'd say the MF is a roo.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  3. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    The MF is definately a roo. The pronounced comb/wattles are a dead give away.

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:I agree.

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:That's not a Light Sussex. It's a Brahma. Notice the feathered feet and yellow legs. The MF seems to be a bit dark to be a MF... but it does seem to be getting rooish.

6. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

Left is a pullet -right is a young roo, you can see the saddle feathers coming in.

7. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    I agree with the others.

8. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:That's not a Light Sussex. It's a Brahma. Notice the feathered feet and yellow legs. The MF seems to be a bit dark to be a MF... but it does seem to be getting rooish.

Yeah, I knew it was a Brahma, it even said it in the post, I just had Sussex on my mind already and just type that instead of Brahma, When I saw that M To The Maxx, had quoted me, I saw it then and edited it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by