Is this a rooster?

I'm not very familiar with the breed personally, but I do know that different chicks often grow at different rates. Make sure they're healthy and getting enough to eat.

They certainly are getting enough food! I'm surprised they are so small now considering Barred Rocks are so big. My adult hen's name is "Big Bird" for a reason! lol

I agree that the aggressive birds should be dealt with first.  IMHO, selling/rehoming a known aggressive bird without full disclosure is only passing the problem off to someone else and if you're using them for breeding, they're passing on that aggressive nature to their offspring and keeping them caged is no life for them. 

I think you have great potential in your new accidental cockerels and may want to consider raising them to see how they turn out and if they're good to hens and people, use them to replace your aggressive adult roosters.  Mature hens are very helpful at teaching those young boys how to treat the ladies and they may turn out well enough to remain part of your flock instead of being kept separate.

X2

Here are some update pictures just to be sure! I got the chicks at Rural King on managers special for less then 2.00$ each. The signs above the tubs have always said the chicks were all pullets and they always have been before. If they are on managers special does that mean they are not sexed?

Around here, manager's special usually means they just didn't sell earlier and are getting older. But who knows, they could have gotten a batch of straight run pan fry specials, or maybe you just got the bad odds in the 90%

Around here, manager's special usually means they just didn't sell earlier and are getting older. But who knows, they could have gotten a batch of straight run pan fry specials, or maybe you just got the bad odds in the 90%

They were probably about 6 days already when i got them. I always try to get the ones that look different so I'll be able to tell them apart. I guess i got what i asked for! Lol

Back
Top Bottom