Is this a Runner?

verlyn78

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 10, 2012
Riverside CA
I bought 2 ducks at the feed store. One Fawn Runner and one Blue Runner. I am starting to think the Blue(brown) one is not a runner after all. It is much more squatty than the other and its head looks different to me. The fawn one is always standing up while the other is squatting down. Here are a couple of pictures I need to get more of them standing though.

Last edited:
To me, they both look like runners....how does it walk upright? I had runners and when they are calm, they walked like normal ducks....when they were alert they were standing straight up

They look like my runner babies did. Now, Zehn is my most stocky runner. They are pet quality, not show quality. But she is still a runner, through and through. Stands up straight when she is on alert, makes the runner duck ah AH ah ah noise, longish legs set near the hips (my Buff's legs seem to me closer together, more under the body than on the side).

Of course, we all need regular photographic updates to monitor their development
wink.png

The brown one could be a khaki campbell. Its hard to tell but if it doesn't have an upright stance and if the head and bill is shaped different than the other runner, chances are its a campbell or other breed.

The brown one is more calm maybe that is it. He/she only seems to stand all the way upright when it is stretching, but maybe that is just part of its personality.

I will have to look at some pictures of the campbells to compare.
Thanks
I will Try to get some pictures of them standing.

Back
Top Bottom