is this a sign my turkey is a tom

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by jimmythechicken, Jun 25, 2010.

1. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    he puffs up around a few of the pullets an peachicks we have an fans his wing down over them an dances in a circle also spreads out his tail or tries to lol he is around 3 weeks old.we were sure it was a hen it is a blue slate anis the sweetest turkey we have loves to be held.also does is anyone good at sexing narr pullets they are around 4-5 weeks old i can post picks if someone thinks the could sex them just tell me what kind of pic you need head full body?

2. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    Try face profile of 'him' and some others for starters.

3. EggHunter_66

EggHunter_66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Box Springs,Georgia
  4. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    heres some pics of the narr
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    tell me what u think how old do you think they are?they never make any noise an they never strute i think they are both hens

5. Jkioneil

Jkioneil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Oregon
    i say hens. that dance is a sign of submission to show the girls she is not a threat

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  6. RedfogsFlock

RedfogsFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    Wittmann, AZ
    we got a pair of WBB's and at 3 weeks one started doing that around the other one. Then our one full grown tom started doing the same thing around the same chick. They are now about 6 weeks old, and it is very clear the dancer is a boy, and the other one is a female. Shich is bad news for us cuz now we have 3 boys and one girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by