Is This A Stray?

Pics

DogAndCat36

Crowing
Mar 12, 2020
Northern Maine
20200724_204743.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo
This is going to be a sensitive subject. Please don't get angry with me.

This cat randomly appeared one day hiding under my parents car. She poked her head out at me and just stared. I decided to give her food. My plan is to gain her trust enough to put a paper collar on her neck. If it is gone the next day, she has a owner. Last year someone dumped 5 cats and they all got killed by fishercats, I don't want that to happen again.

So, today I gained enough of her trust to take a picture of her. Is she a stray? If she is not, don't worry, I will stop feeding her.

So eveynight, after I put the chickens inside, she appears and has recently started to mow and stay about one foot away from me.

She is a russian blue and still has some yellow in her eyes.

Beautiful cat. Try that paper coller method. Can you tell if she is well kept? Like dose her have some mats, mud, lice, or scratched up ears. For a Russian blue stray will be lucky for anyone who wants to possibly show her. What food are you giving her? Dry or wet?

Beautiful cat. Try that paper coller method. Can you tell if she is well kept? Like dose her have some mats, mud, lice, or scratched up ears. For a Russian blue stray will be lucky for anyone who wants to possibly show her. What food are you giving her? Dry or wet?
A bit of egg and chicken, heard that it is good for them. I have not been able to properly see her fur for bugs but it does look ok. She is a bit skinny though. I also don't know if she is really a she.

Well i say go ahead with a paper collar. If she comes back with it one try catching her to see if she is spayed or neutered. If not best get that done! Will you keep her or bring her to a shelter? If you want to shelter her look at the ASPCA website, you only have to own then (feed them) for so many weeks then you can give them to ASPCA. I love ASPCA because they try not to put down animals.

Well i say go ahead with a paper collar. If she comes back with it one try catching her to see if she is spayed or neutered. If not best get that done! Will you keep her or bring her to a shelter? If you want to shelter her look at the ASPCA website, you only have to own then (feed them) for so many weeks then you can give them to ASPCA. I love ASPCA because they try not to put down animals.
I will put the collar on her when I can. I am allergic to cats so I can't keep her. I have these great animal shelters around here that are no kill and swap animals so that they are given a new chance of adoption.

Back
Top Bottom