1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Is this a Swedish Flower hen, a mix of, or just a mutt?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cyan Night, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Cyan Night

Cyan Night Songster

Jul 31, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is Flower (I know, creative name, right?), I got him from a neighbor who got hatching eggs from a woman who said she had SFHs and Speckled sussex. Could he actually be a purebred or is he a mix? I think he's gorgeous and need to get rid of him soon (I hate ending up with roosters :barnie he's just so pretty!) So if I sell him, would it be best to call him a mix, SFH mix, or an SFH?

[​IMG]
    And this is Igor aka Iggy Pop, one of Flower's hatch mates. I'm pretty sure she's an SS mix maybe with some SFH?

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Crowing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    The main reason I told my friend, who had swedish flowers, no when she asked if I wanted any. As a land race they can look like anything and have no standard to breed to. Definitely colorful birds, but they really just look like a mixed bird/ flock. Which is probably why she couldn't sell any of hers either. Good luck with Igor.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by