Is this a teenage chicken love story?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by poodlepill, Jun 5, 2010.

1. poodlepill

poodlepill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    Ok so today I saw this 14 week of BO Roo acting strangely

[​IMG]

to only this EE pullet

[​IMG]

Earlier I saw the cockerel chasing her a bit so I keep my "eye" on him. Later I"m standing there and he kind of squats down a bit opens his wings a bit and deliberately scrapes them with his feet making a feather scrape noise. I though...hu? so I saw him do it again around HER then no more.

Does he like-like her and trying to "teenage" boy impress her or has he singled her out because he doesn't like her?

2. magistradomina

magistradomina Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Where I live.
    That's weird! I have no idea what's going on!

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oh, he LIKES her, all right! [​IMG]

The love dance is SO cute.

4. poodlepill

Feb 27, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    LOL I had a feeling but geeze, out of 18 hens of assorted breeds he has "picked" her? muff and tuffless her? and she is only 10 weeks old and he is the first cockerel of 12 to make advancements LOL

Of course I am not keeping 12 Roo's I am letting their actions determine who stays. So Mr. "fresh boy" better be nicer to his new girlfriend.

5. mbnewby

mbnewby Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    if i was Doctor House md i would say sound like courting to me best test them both for mono

6. poodlepill

Feb 27, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    its so funny, when he gets around her he just doesn't know what to do with himself. She on the other hand has no clue of his advancements and only buzzes by him

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by