Is this a true arucauna?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by funonahonda, Jun 16, 2010.

1. funonahonda

funonahonda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Is she a true auracauna or a americauna, would anyone know what color she is gonna be? We have two just alike. Maybe some pictures of your of this color. Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    From what I understand a true Auracauna doesn't have a tail, but not sure as far as Americana standards.

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    NNOOOOOOOOO It is not true of either one, it is an Easter Egger.

4. chickenbarn-gal

chickenbarn-gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Michigan
    My chickens looked like that when I bought them. And they are an americauna, auracaunas have a bold head [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hope I could help!

5. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Quote:I agree ~ it is a cute little Easter Egger. [​IMG]

There is no such thing as an "Americauna" There is an "Ameraucana" , but this is not one of those either. I have both Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas and they are both great birds!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  6. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

easter egger. [​IMG] feedstores and hatcheries sell then as ameracaunas but they aren't, they are EE's.

7. RonBaker

RonBaker Just Hatched

May 18, 2016
    What do you mean by a "Bold head" I have some that are similar, but the markings on her head are more distinct. Is this what you mean? Thanks.[​IMG]

8. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 23, 2013
    Hilo, HI
    EE....Check out website fresheggsdaily.com or type in search box Ameraucana vs Araucana vs Easter Egger...There are pictures and descriptions explaining the difference. Araucana = rumpless Ameraucana = ear muffs & beard EE = mutt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by