Is this a worm or egg?!?! Help!

Some drugs are inhibited by the effect of calcium. Amoxicillin is one of them, but the effect isn't as bad as the "cyclines", which shouldn't be given withing two hours of calcium. Amoxy is just one hour.
Some drugs are inhibited by the effect of calcium. Amoxicillin is one of them, but the effect isn't as bad as the "cyclines", which shouldn't be given withing two hours of calcium. Amoxy is just one hour.
Oh I didn’t know this! So give them one hour apart? I didn’t do that today. What effects are there?

Oh boy...this bird just might already have a reproduction type infection. Is a vet visit an option to get antibiotics?
I don’t have a vet in the area. I do have fish amoxicillin 100mg once a day. That’s all I have currently. She is two days in that cycle…? She isn’t acting sick. She is eating, drinking, just laying soft shell eggs.

I don’t have a vet in the area. I do have fish amoxicillin 100mg once a day. That’s all I have currently. She is two days in that cycle…? She isn’t acting sick. She is eating, drinking, just laying soft shell eggs.
Correction.. 250mg once a day.

I think you are missing/not understanding:
If you gave the bird a pea size amount of the Safeguard you did not deworm it.

Also... Chickens hide their illness extremely well and don't show that they're actually sick until they're extremely sick like on death's door sick.

I think you are missing/not understanding:
If you gave the bird a pea size amount of the Safeguard you did not deworm it.

Also... Chickens hide their illness extremely well and don't show that they're actually sick until they're extremely sick like on death's door sick.
I gave the bird the amount shown in the link with images. I also understand how potentially sick she can be hence being here on the app looking for advice and doing all that I can to help with the means I have here.

Positive update… Petunia just laid this beautiful hard shell egg!! I’m going to keep antibiotics going of course but stop calcium unless I see her lay soft again. Is this a good plan? :)

Attachments

• 19FD8A20-76CD-4B3F-8EB4-C50CBD15DEBA.jpeg
    19FD8A20-76CD-4B3F-8EB4-C50CBD15DEBA.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom