is this a wyandotte?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sandrachx, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Sandrachx

Sandrachx Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2007
    Chelsea, MI
    not sure if these are wyandottes? or something else - they are 11 weeks old. i ordered them from a 99cent sale of straight runs. can anyone help with identification?

thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sandrachx

Oct 16, 2007
    Chelsea, MI
    i have 2 and they are skinny things with long velaseraptor legs. and they really run like crazy if they are nervous - more than the other hens.

3. CelticMoon1

CelticMoon1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    They don't look like pure wyandottes to me. They might be a wyandotte mix? Wyandotte and EE or something..

4. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    They look more gamey than they do like a wyandotte. They are a white laced red pattern. Not sure on the breed.

5. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    It could be a splash Blue Lace with bad lacing. I bet you it turns rooster on you though. I have seen my wyandotte roos get all gangly like that before they fill out.

6. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Comb looks more pea then rose(bad picture,can not see well).Look more like White Laced Red Cornish with this dowble lacing,but can be mixes too

7. Sandrachx

Oct 16, 2007
    Chelsea, MI
    i was just guessing about wyandottes - looked up pics on the internet and they don't really look like that. they were from an assorted group mailed from the hatchery. game bird sounds possible, since they don't have the "fluff" of domestic chickens. would a hatchery send out a game bird if they advertised assorted chicks?

8. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    Looks exactly like my 2 white laced red cornish pullets I got from Ideal this year, not really laced and not that cornish looking but according to my receipt thats what they are(I ordered the rare pullets assortment and got wlr + dark cornish, bbred kraienkoppes, buff rocks and black minorcas).
    Almost Identical to yours.

I can post pics of my girls later on.

9. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Cornish are not actually game birds.They are dual purpose breed with good meat.

10. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I say WLR Cornish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by