1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this a wyendotte??????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Robert Boyd, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Robert Boyd

Robert Boyd Chillin' With My Peeps

It favours them in my opinion, but I am horrible at guessing whats what with my chickens.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Its 12weeks old in these pictures, (last week)

2. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    It looks like a rose comb, so it could be a Columbian Wyandotte. It's a roo too [​IMG] . The others look like Hatchery RIR-roos too, standing by the Wyandotte.

3. Robert Boyd

Quote:thanks for the input,
    Im beginning to think Ive got a pen full of roos, LOL, since they arnt fighting at all, and theres 25 of them running around:^}

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  4. dweder

dweder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Glen Ellyn, Illinois
    Definately a columbian wyandotte!

5. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Quote:How can you tell that it is a columbian wyandotte? I'm not arguing or anything, I just want to know. I have some SLW crosses that look a lot like that.

6. Robert Boyd

Quote:Ive looked for 4 weeks online at different chickens trying to find out what this is. Im very happy it is a columbian Wyandotte, its become my favorite girl(now boy) It comes to meet me everyday when I check on the birds.

7. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Unless it is a really bad hatchery Columbian Wyandotte, it may be a cross. I have a trio and have hatched chicks none of mine ever had that much Black in them.

[​IMG]

8. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Quote:I agree [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by