is this alive?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pekinduck<3er, Jul 29, 2011.

1. pekinduck<3er

pekinduck<3er Chillin' With My Peeps

hi,

ive benn trying to see if i can incubate.. well all of them are infertile except 1.. i dont know but it looks like a big black circle kinda and it move up and down with out my moving it when i candle it.. well i dont know if its just dead or its alive becuase its like its a little head becuas i can kinda make out a slider body kinda....ssoo....its its a quitter or is it a liver?

2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    If it's moving on its own accord, it's alive. How many days into incubation are you?

3. anaiyuk

anaiyuk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Alaska
    Sounds like it's doing wee... [​IMG]

4. pekinduck<3er

i actually dont know i was just candling my ducks eggs she was setting on and found this one.. so its definetley alive? Yay!! but it definetley move..certain

5. anaiyuk

anaiyuk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Alaska
    [​IMG]

6. pekinduck<3er

so i can now see a big black head and i saw its body too! so how long before it hatches? im really excited! could it die at this stage?i can wait to hatch my little cayuga baby!!!!!!also shoul i let the mother be with it or should i keep it inside and try and get the others used to it when its a adult?

7. pekinduck<3er

this is more like mine but 11 days old i think mines a little more black when it moves around.. ill try to keep updated............SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

8. pekinduck<3er

First hatch for me

9. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Congrats! As to whether it could die at this stage, well... yeah. Sorry. [​IMG] Life in general is dangerous, and the early fetal stage and hatching (and birthing) are especially dicey stages of life.

However, if you keep conditions optimal, chances are you'll have a good hatch and end up with a sweet little baby bird. If not, you'll learn from it and can try again.

The actual hatch is probably the most dangerous period for a fetus (much as birth is the most dangerous period for a human fetus). Many, many things can go wrong and often human interference just makes it worse (again, just like in human birth... but don't get me started on that, lol). However, stick around here and we will hold your hand and help you give the little on the best start possible. And worst case scenario, you will learn a TON and be on your way to hatching expertise. [​IMG]

10. pekinduck<3er

wow your advise is great!! thank you! iamcuriositycat you helpem me alot and i hope that the little baby in that egg hatches except i also have something else to say.....when i just candled it a little bit ago there wasnt only one head in there but two!! haha its a normal sized egg but two heads!This will be hard for my first hatch definetley! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by