Is this an Americana hen???

1st_chicken

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 26, 2011
Hello, i bought this hen at an auction, and they say that she is an americana...... She is still a pullet so she dosen't lay... Does she look like an americana or at least an EE to you??

107706_americana.jpg

It's a pretty pullet, and looks like a pea-comb...... Are the legs slate blue or green? Since Americana isn't Amaracuna (hope I'm spelling that correctly) and Americana = Easter Egger, it could be an Easter Egger---since that isn't really a breed...

The whole subject is as facinating as it is confusing to me. ;O)

Post back when she lays to tell us the color of eggs--- and I'm subscribing to see what replies you will get!

It seems unlikely that she is ameraucana, although she may well have been an EE that someone bought as an "ameraucana" or "americana" from a hatchery and then decided to sell at the auction. The comb looks right for an EE. Most EE have muffs (puffy cheeks), but not all do and my best EE is clean faced. I guess that I'm taking the long way around to say you'll just have to wait and see what color egg she lays.

She's not an Americana, but she could be an EE. EE's are green/blue egg layers crossed with any other breed.
She sure is gorgeous though! I'd love to have a beauty like her running around my yard. Check out the buff/blue lacing. Love the coloring.

Back
Top Bottom