Is this an Americauna?

Dec 10, 2017
ok 2 questions. Is this an americauna? And are those grey looking tips on feathers new ones coming in. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 29655EB0-17D5-4665-AD00-2581B7A50471.jpeg
    29655EB0-17D5-4665-AD00-2581B7A50471.jpeg
    755.6 KB · Views: 29
NO..Probably and EE/Mix Shanks are the right color. Most Ameraucana are bearded with muff cover. Comb is right. Defiantly a pullet. How old is she? if young or just molted those could be just pin feathers that have not lost the feather casing.
Ok so I’m new to chickens. What is EE/mix shanks? She is 11 months old

Shanks = legs
Your pullet looks to be a EE or a Ameraucana mixed with another breed. Is she laying yet? Looks like she will be soon (comb & wattles red), when you approach her or try to pick her up, if she squats she'll probably be laying in a week or two.

Look at the foot of my pullet and you will see the slate/blue feet and the muff on the side of her face. The muff and beard on my Cockerel will show the Ameraucana trait but he has a cushion comb which is the genes for the proper pea comb but also shows the trait for a rose comb and he has yellow legs so, He is an Easter Egger. Mixed bird that carries the Blue egg gene.

Ok so I’m new to chickens. What is EE/mix shanks? She is 11 months old
Shanks = legs
Your pullet looks to be a EE or a Ameraucana mixed with another breed. Is she laying yet? Looks like she will be soon (comb & wattles red), when you approach her or try to pick her up, if she squats she'll probably be laying in a week or two.
oh wow I am amazed at all the stuff I’m learning on here! She has layed but it’s been over a month now. She will squat when I get close to her. Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom