is this an easter egger or americana ?

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Technically, an Easter Egger IS an AmerIcana, if it's spelled like that. She seems to have the wrong color legs for an Ameraucana; they aren't slate, at least the way the pic looks. Does she have a single comb? If so, definite Easter Egger.

poultrykeeper08

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Agawam , Ma
they are slate but like dried out ?
its not a single comb its thin with no points on them just a round piece at the tip if you get what i am trying to say lol

countyroad1330

Thunder Snow 2009!
12 Years
Oct 15, 2007
Oklahoma!
Does it have a V comb, something like this? If so it is definitely an EE, but what a beautiful bird, especially to have been crossed with such a different breed! (Ameraucana's have Pea combs.)

(My Crevecour and Polish from an auction)

Last edited:

poultrykeeper08

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Agawam , Ma
No it doesnt have a V comb
i have a book of chickens and i was looking at a pic of an araucana and my bird has the same comb
but i know its not an araucana just the same comb type .

Last edited:

klf73

Mad Scientist
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
Quote:It definitely is not an Araucana, Araucana are clean faced(always), rumpless(preferred), and tufted(also preferred). Mine a quite a bit smaller than my Ameraucana also.
countyroad1330- I have NEVER seen a EE with a V-comb. Most EE are pea combed, which I believe is the correlation of the blue egg gene.

Pretty EE you have there

Krista

pips&peeps

There is no "I" in Ameraucana
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Newman Lake, WA
It looks like a blue ameraucana, but the legs are throwing me off. It may be an easter egger bred up to look like a blue ameraucana or someone bred an easter egger to a blue ameraucana.

Better pictures of the comb and legs would be helpful. The eyes look a little light too, they are supposed to be bay.

Top Bottom