Is this an easter egger?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cupman, Oct 13, 2011.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I am not too great and pointing easter eggers out and I was considering buying this bird for my flock. It's the white bird from this craigslist ad.

What do you guys think, would you buy it?

EDIT: It was an EE and I bought it, the ad has since been taken down. thank you.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  2. jeb251

jeb251 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    yep, green leggs = easter egger

3. cupman

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Ahh right on then. I'll have to remember that. Well I emailed them, lets hope it hasn't already sold. Anyone know what white easter eggers might look like all grown up? Just white or do they change?

4. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    The pic is now of a Buff Orp so I can't see the EE you're describing. But yes, yellow EE chicks can turn into solid white adults but they also might have some color emerge as they mature. I've seen quite a few white EE pullets with peach and gray mixed in and my yellow EE cockerel chick ended up with a lot of red in his back, some red in his chest, a little black bleed in his tail, and golden yellow saddle and hackle feathers.

5. cupman

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Thanks everyone, I bought the EE so she must have taken it down.

6. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    There are actual breeds with green legs, and other mixed breeds that have green legs and are NOT Easter eggers. If the ad said ameraucana or auracana, and the bird had green legs, then yes, it's an ee.

7. Egg Rookie 2010

Egg Rookie 2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    My EE Matilda is on the left, upper right is my white JG and bottom right is RI white:
    [​IMG]
    hard to see through the fence. She is a brat and is wearing pinless peepers. The other girls are examining her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by