1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this an Easter Egger?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Nobbit, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Nobbit

Nobbit Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Hello Everyone! I got 3 new chicks in the mail today.[​IMG] I know 2 of them b/c I requested them, but I got one "assorted rare" and am having some trouble identifying her. I'm thinking possibly easter egger, but figured I'd ask the experts. Thanks! [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Melinda35

Melinda35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Texas
    So cute!! I am no expert by any means but I had some last year and they all looked like that or similar to it anyway. Definite possibility but I am not sure if they are considered rare/exotic breed. [​IMG]

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    It looks like a EE to me but I'm also not an expert

4. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Looks like an EE. Because the hatcheries don't necessarily label them correctly and call them Ameraucana or Araucana, they get away with selling them as a rare breed.

5. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    By far the most popular choice of hatcheries to use for extra and rare chicks, the EE. Most likely a rooster too.

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    yes ee

7. Nobbit

Nobbit Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    Tallahassee
    Thanks, y'all! [​IMG] Now that I look at her face, I can see the little poofs like the faverolle has. I'm hoping she's not a roo, I asked for female and ordered from MPC, they tend to be pretty good about it (although I know it's not 100% accurate right out of the egg). Yay chickens! [​IMG]

8. Melinda35

Melinda35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Texas
    My EEs had the poofy faces too but none of them were roos. EE roos are very pretty though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by