Is this an OEG?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ilovehome, Jul 8, 2010.

1. ilovehome

ilovehome Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2010
    This little chick came with my order of buttercups in April, but other than having willow legs, it looks nothing like the buttercups. It is smaller than the buttercups and it was much slower in feathering out. It is extremely fast, and darts everywhere. I contacted Sand Hill but got no answer, so I tried to figure it out from their descriptions, and the closest I came up with is a bantam OEG. Am I right? If so, what variety is it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks...

2. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    It could be an Easter Egger.

3. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Look at the green legs. WOW Does its have any comb at all?

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Looks like EE to me.

5. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Look's like an EE to me.She is not OEGB with that leg coloring.Unless she is a mix.I wound up with one about same coloring in a run I got from TSC this spring..Mine varie's a bit in color though.I was trying to pick out several Golden sebright's and she had basicly the same coloring at a couple day's old.Sadly I don't have a mate for her but she has been a good little hen so far just free ranging around with the other's until breeding time.She is pretty though.I will try to get a pic of mine tomm. and post on same thread.

6. ilovehome

Jul 8, 2010
    I'm new to EEs this year. The five standard sized I got in March are the exact opposite of this little one. They are bearded, loosely feathered and are very friendly. This little one is tightly feathered and hyper!! But SH does sell a non-bearded bantam "Ameraucana" with a pea comb, so I bet you are right. It's hard to believe you can have such differences in birds, and yet call them all EEs. But then, I've heard EEs are mutts that lay green eggs!!!

Thanks for the help.

7. embkm

embkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Colbert, Ga
    OEGB have single combs. I don't know what she is, but I know she isn't an OEG. Maybe an EE'er. Does she lay yet? If you get a blue or green egg, you'll know for sure!

8. DKPoultry

DKPoultry Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    How old is she? Call me crazy, but in that first picture it looks like "she" has saddle feathers... but it is a bit blurry...
    My vote on breed is EE too... green legs, pea comb, yupp yupp, very pretty [​IMG]

9. ilovehome

Jul 8, 2010
    This little thing was born around April 19, so about 12 weeks old. It is the slowest maturing chick ever--so it may still turn into a roo!! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by