Is this an Olive Egger?

ScratchNbawk

Songster
Dec 17, 2020
The high desert, CA
I purchased 2 Easter Eggers from my local feed store in the middle of last June. One of them, Chelsea, was the last to finally start laying on the 15th of this month. Her egg color is much darker than my other Easter Egger, so I’m wondering ... could she possibly be an olive egger?
I know the difference between an Easter and olive egger is minimal to say the least ... but it would be nice to say “No, no, she’s actually an olive egger”. Just sounds a bit more exotic.
Thanks in advance!
43D24239-94ED-426C-BE88-CD0BA974A9B4.jpeg
81CF4FBF-E949-4DAE-A537-759CD6B5A251.jpeg

Her egg on the right compared to my green egg laying Easter egger on the left.
586C3B73-8988-4403-BC8C-06847C2CA2FE.jpeg

dust bathing, she’s at the bottom right.

I purchased 2 Easter Eggers from my local feed store in the middle of last June. One of them, Chelsea, was the last to finally start laying on the 15th of this month. Her egg color is much darker than my other Easter Egger, so I’m wondering ... could she possibly be an olive egger?
I know the difference between an Easter and olive egger is minimal to say the least ... but it would be nice to say “No, no, she’s actually an olive egger”. Just sounds a bit more exotic.
Thanks in advance!View attachment 2496001View attachment 2496002
View attachment 2496005
An Olive Egger is like a subcategory of Easter Egger.

Thanks in advance!View attachment 2496001View attachment 2496002
View attachment 2496005
Also, can I have her?

So we have 2 EE pullets and 1 lays a light blue egg and the other lays a blue egg but it's always looked more of a green. I'd say hers is a lighter shade of the OP's olive egger. Could Eggers (actual name of my girl) be an olive egger too? I didn't think you could tell by physical traits of the hens, just the egg color. Am I assuming wrong? Thanks!

I'm confused. Aren't olive eggers just Easter eggers that lay green eggs? And aren't both those eggs green hue?

Olive Eggers are blue crossed with dark brown, Easter eggers are blue crossed with light brown. I haven't actually seen an IRL distinction between "easter egg" colors and "mint egg" colors, personally, but I'm hoping to test that out with chicks in my brooder currently. Per the chart below, I should have both colors by April/May.

Egg color chart.png

Back
Top Bottom