Is this an Orphington and a Giant White Jersey?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by marymac, Feb 7, 2009.

1. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    Here are a couple of pictures of a few hens I acquired a few days ago. I think the Big white one may be a White Giant new Jersey, It is huge, and the buff colored one maybe a Buff Orphington, but I thought they were a lot bigger than her . What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I would say yes to the buff orp. She looks just like the two I have in the barn. The white hen may be a Plymouth rock hen, but my black New Jersey Giant hen looks like them too except black.
    Now, I do not know if the legs on a white are supposed to be yellow. My Jersey Giant has slate legs.

3. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    Thanks RIMSHOES. I have a huge Black hen which I believe is a Jersey Giant too. This white hen is just about as big as my black hen, thats why I'm thinking it may be the white variety. I have never seen any pictures of the White Jersey Giant. Anyone?

4. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    All I can tell you is that the buff orp certainly looks like a buff orp. sweetness on a perch [​IMG]

5. vortec

vortec Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Martin County, NC
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  6. moduckman

moduckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Cairo, Missouri
    The legs of a giant are not yellow except, I believe, on their foot bottoms. White rock is closer to the one in the pix.

7. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    I need to take pics of my White Giant hens. They do not have yellow legs. Theirs are a willow green (slate) color. You may have a White Rock.. just a guess. [​IMG]

8. moduckman

moduckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Cairo, Missouri
    Quote:That's the color I could think of - willow!!!

9. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    My white Jersey giants had willow green legs. Yours is a white rock. What color are the buff's legs? If she's an orpington, they will be white. If she's a buff rock, they will be yellow.

10. vortec

vortec Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Martin County, NC
    Quote:This is true

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by