1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this angel wing???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Tanichca, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    1) What type of bird , age and weight: Olive egger, 1 week old. About the same weight as her hatch mates, not thinner.
    2) What is the behavior, exactly. Her wings poke out.
    3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? Well, her wings just grew in yesterday...
    4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? Nope.
    5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. Nope.
    6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. The Incubator temps were widely varying. I'm hoping that she is just a frizzle (as the seller said that there was a chance of) but I need to be sure so that I can try to treat this early.
    7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. Starter and water.
    8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. Normal (I should know, she popped on my hand during her pictures!)
    9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? Kept an eye on her.
    10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? Cheap as possible.
    [​IMG]

12) Describe the housing/bedding in use
    Large cage, metal, next to heat lamp. Pine shavings.

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Can you take some side shots zoomed in on the wings? Especially near the tips where the flight feathers come out.

3. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

I would say no but its still very young to tell.

4. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    angel wing....I thought that was only in waterfowl?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by