Is this bantam chick a boy or girl? (pics added)

Zaxby's2

Songster
8 Years
Apr 10, 2011
a place
Okay, so 2 bantam chicks (idk the breed) are now five & a half weeks old, & one is a definite rooster, the other is the complete opposite & has henny features, but has a huge comb to be a pullet. The boy has a large comb, better barring, pointyer tail feathers, long, bright yellow legs, & is bigger. The question one has smaller comb, rounder tail feathers, and either pale yellow or white legs. The only thing that indicates boy is the comb. Is there any hope it could be a girl? I would post pics, but I don't know how since the website changed, so can anyone tell me how to do that too?

Last edited:
Here's both of them, the one in question is in the back:
Here's there legs and tail feathers, again, question in back:
Here's the definite rooster:

Here's the question one:

You can kinda see his/her comb better:

Any possibility it might be a very early maturing pullet?

Last edited:
I don't care if they're mutts, I'd just like a few bantams and they're the only ones we have right now. They're both really friendly so I guess I'll just go with the definite rooster since he's maturing quicker than the other one.
smile.png

I don't care if they're mutts, I'd just like a few bantams and they're the only ones we have right now. They're both really friendly so I guess I'll just go with the definite rooster since he's maturing quicker than the other one. :)
Are you sure they are bantams? They don't look like bantams to me :/

Boy sat this age are very friendly. After 3 months, they won't be as easy to pet, but by six months you should know for sure which one has a better temperament.

Back
Top Bottom