Is this bantam chick a boy or girl? (pics added)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Zaxby's2, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Songster

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    Okay, so 2 bantam chicks (idk the breed) are now five & a half weeks old, & one is a definite rooster, the other is the complete opposite & has henny features, but has a huge comb to be a pullet. The boy has a large comb, better barring, pointyer tail feathers, long, bright yellow legs, & is bigger. The question one has smaller comb, rounder tail feathers, and either pale yellow or white legs. The only thing that indicates boy is the comb. Is there any hope it could be a girl? I would post pics, but I don't know how since the website changed, so can anyone tell me how to do that too?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Crowing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    in the poat box there is a pictur box with red and blue and green in it besides a flim strip thats how to do the picture.

3. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Songster

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    Here's both of them, the one in question is in the back:[​IMG]
    Here's there legs and tail feathers, again, question in back:[​IMG]
    Here's the definite rooster:
    [​IMG]
    Here's the question one:
    [​IMG]
    You can kinda see his/her comb better:
    [​IMG]
    Any possibility it might be a very early maturing pullet?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  4. Toshi

Toshi Songster

Jul 2, 2011
    IN corn state
    Kind of looks roosterish to me

5. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Songster

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    Darn. Any other opinions?

6. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

Boy :/

7. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Songster

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    Oh well. I'm only keeping one, so which one do you guys think I should keep?

8. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

They are mutts, so I really wouldn't keep either (unless they were Easter Eggers or extremely friendly) and it's too early to judge on temperament, and they are some sort of barred rock cross most likely.

9. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Songster

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    I don't care if they're mutts, I'd just like a few bantams and they're the only ones we have right now. They're both really friendly so I guess I'll just go with the definite rooster since he's maturing quicker than the other one. [​IMG]

10. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

Are you sure they are bantams? They don't look like bantams to me :/

Boy sat this age are very friendly. After 3 months, they won't be as easy to pet, but by six months you should know for sure which one has a better temperament.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: